Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate
Training Provider: Google
Area of Training: Information and Communications
This beginner-level, six-course certificate, developed by Google, is designed to provide IT professionals with in-demand skills - including Python, Git, and IT automation - that can help you advance your career.
Knowing how to write code to solve problems and automate solutions is a crucial skill for anybody in IT.
About this Professional Certificate
This program builds on your IT foundations to help you take your career to the next level. It’s designed to teach you how to program with Python and how to use Python to automate common system administration tasks. You'll also learn to use Git and GitHub, troubleshoot and debug complex problems, and apply automation at scale by using configuration management and the Cloud.
This certificate can be completed in about 6 months and is designed to prepare you for a variety of roles in IT, like more advanced IT Support Specialist or Junior Systems Administrator positions.
We recommend that you have Python installed on your machine. For some courses, you’ll need a computer where you can install Git.
If you would like to learn the fundamentals of IT support, check out the beginner-level Google IT Support Professional Certificate.
Applied Learning Project
- Learn how to program with Python with no previous knowledge of coding required and you’ll use Python to automate common system administration tasks
- Learn to use Git and GitHub, to troubleshoot and debug complex problems
- Apply automation at scale by using configuration management and the Cloud
Practice your technical skills with hands-on projects including a capstone project where you’ll use your new knowledge to solve a real-world IT problem.
What You Will Learn
- Automate tasks by writing Python scripts
- Use Git and GitHub for version control
- Manage IT resources at scale, both for physical machines and virtual machines in the cloud
- Analyse real-world IT problems and implement the appropriate strategies to solve those problems
Skills You Will Gain
- Using Version Control
- Troubleshooting & Debugging
- Python Programming
- Configuration Management
- Basic Python Data Structures
- Fundamental Programming Concepts
- Basic Python Syntax
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Setting up your Development Environment
- Regular Expression (REGEX)
- Testing in Python
Self-paced & can be completed in 3 to 6 months (about 120 hours @ 10 hours/week)
Nett Fee (Payable by Trainees)
Training Provider's Contact
Interested persons with disabilities can apply for the Google Career Certificate Scholarship Programme by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.