VWO Transport Subsidies
VWO Transport Subsidies provide support for persons with disabilities who need to take dedicated transport provided by Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) to access school and care services.
Overview of scheme
- VWO Transport Subsidies provide up to 80% subsidy for transport fees.
Subsidy amounts will depend on:
- Whether applicants are Singapore Citizen or Permanent Residents
- Per capita monthly household income (PCI)
- Whether applicants are wheelchair users or ambulant
Who Can Apply
- Persons with disabilities on transport services provided by VWOs and are attending Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC), Day Activity Centres, Sheltered Workshops or Special Education (SPED) schools.
- From families with a per capita monthly household income of $2,600 and below for Singapore Citizens, or $1,800 and below for Permanent Residents.
How to Apply
Existing clients of SPED and care services
- Clients/members of SPED Schools or care services may apply through the SPED School or VWO that is providing or arranging your transportation services. They will assist in conducting a means test for you and will submit the subsidy request to SG Enable on your behalf.
- Students with disabilities attending mainstream schools may apply by submitting the application form to SG Enable. Please provide one of the following supporting documents indicating a permanent disability:
a) Latest doctor’s memorandum; or
b) Verification from VWOs providing disability programmes and services, indicating that you are a person with permanent disabilities affiliated with the VWO (VWOs can use the VWO Verification Form for this purpose); or
c) Functional Assessment Report endorsed by a General Practitioner (if you have not been assessed before). This is a common report that can be used across a number of schemes, and need only be filled in once for all schemes.
- Applicants who have not been means tested for the past 1 year will have to complete and submit the Means-Test Declaration Form.
You may submit your application by downloading the application form, printing and sending it together with the required documents.
SG Enable - VWO Transport Subsidies
20 Lengkok Bahru
+65 6226 2366
Application Processing Time
The application will be processed within 15 working days upon complete submission.
For more information on the VWO Transport Subsidies, please visit the frequently asked questions.
To check your application status, click here.
Have additional enquiries? Contact SG Enable.