Disabled Persons Scheme
The Disabled Persons Scheme is for persons with permanent physical disabilities who are medically certified as unable to take public transport (i.e. bus and/or MRT) and who require a vehicle to earn a living.
Overview of Scheme
The Disabled Persons Scheme (DPS) is a means-tested scheme that supports Singapore Citizens with permanent physical disabilities who are unable to use public transport (i.e. bus and/or MRT) and require a vehicle to earn a living. Eligible drivers are exempted from paying the premium for the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) and the Additional Registration Fee (ARF) when they purchase a vehicle.
The application for the waiver of ARF and COE under the DPS will be considered by the DPS Committee comprising representatives from the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), Land Transport Authority (LTA) and medical services.
The applicant is only allowed to register a car that meets all
of the following specifications:
- Engine capacity must not be more than 1,600cc; and
- Maximum power output of not more than 97kW (130bhp); and
- Vehicle must have an Open Market Value (OMV) of not more than S$20,000
Who Can Apply
- Singapore Citizen
- Persons with permanent physical disabilities who are medically certified by doctors from the Tan Tock Seng Rehabilitation Centre as permanently disabled and incapable of taking public transport (i.e. bus and/or MRT), but fit to drive
- Gainfully employed and need a vehicle to earn a living
- Possess a valid Class 3 Driving Licence
- In the 30th income percentile or below where household income does not exceed $6,500 for a 4-member household
How to Apply
Applicant will need to submit the following supporting documents:
- Coloured photocopy of Applicant's NRIC (Front and Back)
- Photocopy of Applicant's Driving Licence (Front and Back)
- Photocopies of the NRICs, Passports (for foreigner), Birth Certificates (for children) and Student Passes of the applicant's immediate family members
- Married applicants must submit a photocopy of their Marriage Certificate/ Divorce Paper/ Separation Paper/ Death Certificate of Spouse (where applicable)
- Documentary proof of income of Applicant and all immediate family members as follows:
- CPF Statements showing monthly contributions for the past 12 months; and
- Latest Notice of Income Tax Assessment; and
- Payslips for the past 6 months from the current employer
- Employer's Verification Form (Annex B)
- Medical Examination Form (Annex C)
Tan Tock Seng Rehabilitation Centre @ Ang Mo Kio - Thye Hua Kwan Hospital
17 Ang Mo Kio Ave 9
Tel: 6450 6181
For information on operation hours and medical examination charges, please contact Tan Tock Seng Rehabilitation Centre at Tel: 6450 6181. Doctor consultation is strictly by appointment only.
- The completed application form must be signed by the applicant.
- Please note that there will be no refund of any costs/fees incurred to apply for DPS.
- You can register your DPS vehicle only upon obtaining approval of your DPS application. Upon approval, the applicant must register the car within six months from the date of approval.
Submission of Application
To submit your application: Download the application form, print and send it together with the required documents
The Secretary for Committee to Recommend Waiver of ARF & COE under the DPS
20 Lengkok Bahru
For more information on the Disabled Persons Scheme, please visit the frequently asked questions.
Have additional enquiries? Contact SG Enable.