Development Support (DS) & Learning Support (LS)
- For pre-school children with mild developmental needs
- Support and intervention in areas such as speech and language, social skills, motor skills, behaviour and literacy
- Equip pre-school children with developmentally appropriate skills to optimise their developmental outcomes
Overview of Programme
There are two types of direct support provided:
(i) Learning Support (LS)
Support is provided by specially trained early childhood professionals known as Learning Support Educators (LSEds).
(ii) Development Support (DS)
The children are supported by trained therapists. Thereafter, LSEds will continue to provide in-class support.
|Learning Support (LS)
||Development Support (DS)|
|Duration of Support
||6 or 10 weeks
||10 or 15 weeks |
|Areas of Support
||The support will focus on one of the following based on child's assessed need:
- Literacy Skills
- Language Skills
- Social Skills
- Handwriting Skills
|The support will focus on one of the following based on child's assessed need:|
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Literacy and Learning Support
- Psychological Services
||Individualised education plan (IEP)|
||Individualised / Small group / Classroom-based|
||Up to 1 hour per session, once a week|
Who Is Eligible
Children who are:
- in pre-schools (typically K1 and K2 levels)
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents
*Children who are enrolled in an Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC) are not eligible for DS and LS.
How to Apply
DS and LS are being rolled out in phases. If your child is suitable for the programme, his/her pre-school will contact you with more details.
To download a copy of the DS & LS brochure, please click
For more information about DS & LS, please visit our
frequently asked questions page.