Financial Planning

When you have a loved one with special needs, it is natural to worry about their future care when you are no longer around to provide that care.

There are several plans you can consider to ensure that your loved ones with special needs will be supported through his or her life.

Special Needs Trust Co. Trust Services

Find out more about setting up the Special Needs Trust Co. Trust for your loved one to ensure that his or her needs are cared for when you are no longer around.

Special Needs Savings Scheme​

The scheme enables you as a parent of a child with special needs to set aside your CPF savings for his or her long-term care. Under this scheme, you may nominate your child to receive regular fixed payouts upon your demise.


ElderShield is a severe disability insurance scheme that provides basic financial protection to those who need long-term care, especially during old age.

Senior's Mobility and Enabling Fund

The Senior's Mobility and Enabling Fun provides financial assistance for seniors that will enable them to remain mobile and to live independently in the community. It offers subsidies for assistive devices, transport and consumable items.

Caregivers Training Grant (CTG)

The Caregivers Training Grant (CTG) offers training subsidies for caregivers to enhance their capabilities in providing care.



ComCare provides social assistance for low-income individuals and families.

Home Caregiving Grant (HCG) 

(the Home Caregiving Grant replaces the Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant from October 2019)

The Home Caregiving Grant (HCG) is a $200 monthly cash payout to help families support their loved ones with permanent moderate to severe disabilities. This grant can be used to defray expenses relating to caregiving, such as the costs of eldercare and caregiver support services in the community, or hiring of a Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW).​

Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Levy Concession for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) Scheme​

This scheme enables families who employ foreign domestic workers as full-time caregivers of their loved ones with disabilities to pay a lower monthly foreign worker levy.

​ ​​​​​