Taxi Subsidy Scheme
The Taxi Subsidy Scheme (TSS) is for persons with permanent disabilities who are medically certified as unable to take public transport, and totally dependent on taxis for travel to school, work, or employment-related training supported by SG Enable.
Cessation of Wirecard Payment Services
Please note that paying for your taxi rides through Wirecard as a payment mode is no longer available. For information on alternative modes of payment, please click here.
Overview of Scheme
Persons with disabilities can apply for the means-tested subsidy for taxi travel for the purpose of school, work or employment-related training supported by SG Enable. The approved subsidy percentage applies to the total fare for each trip (which covers additional charges such as booking fees, peak period surcharges and ERP charges).
The subsidy amounts will depend on:
- Whether applicants are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Per capita monthly household income (PCHI); and
- Distance travelled between home and school/ work/ training.
Who can Apply
- Persons with disabilities who are medically certified as being unable to take public transport and totally dependent on taxis for travel to school, work or employment-related training supported by SG Enable;
- From families with a per capita monthly household income of $2,800 or below, and are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Currently schooling, working or attending employment-related training supported by SG Enable; and
- Not currently owning any motor vehicles
How to Apply
Application for the Taxi Subsidy Scheme is via a 2-stage process. Applications will first be evaluated based on purpose of travel, disability and means-test eligibility. Applicants who meet these criteria will then be informed to proceed with the medical assessment to determine if they are totally dependent on taxi for travel to work/ school/ training.
Applicants will need to prepare the following supporting documents:
- Clear photocopy of the Applicant's NRIC (Front and Back) or Birth Certificate
- Clear photocopy of the Authorised Person's NRIC (Front and Back) for applicants who are below 21 years old and/or mentally incapacitated
- Any one of the following supporting documents on the applicant's permanent disability:
a) Latest doctor’s memorandum stating the type of permanent disability; or
b) Functional Assessment Report to be completed by a doctor for assessment of physical disability;
- Any one of the following supporting documents proving the applicant's employment /education /training status:
a) Employer Verification Form to be completed by the employer; or
b) School Verification Form to be completed by the school; or
c) Training Verification Form to be completed by the training provider
- Completed Means-Test Declaration Form
Note: You do not need to submit the Means-Test Declaration Form if you have been means-tested within the past one year.
- Clear photocopy of the first page of the Applicant's Bank Book / Bank Statement.
- Photograph of the Applicant for the personalised EZ-Link card.
a) Passport-size colour photograph taken within the last three months
b) For online submission, the resolution must be 240 x 320 pixels
c) Clearly showing the full front view of the face, with sufficient lighting against a white background
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria for purpose of travel, disability and means-testing will receive a medical assessment form via mail. The Medical Assessment Form is
to be completed by designated medical institutions, certifying applicant to be
unable to take public transport and totally dependent on taxis for travel to
school, work or training.
Note: There will be no refund of any costs/fees incurred to apply for the Taxi Subsidy Scheme.
Submission of applications to SG Enable
You may submit your application in the following ways:
- Online using your SingPass
- Download the application form, print and send together with the required documents
SG Enable - Taxi Subsidy Scheme
20 Lengkok Bahru
Application Processing Time
The application will be processed within 15 working days upon complete document submission. The TSS Card will be sent out within 2-4 weeks upon final approval. (Note: Issuance of the TSS Card is
only applicable to approved applicants utilising the Taxi Subsidy Scheme for school and/or work.)
For more information on the Taxi Subsidy Scheme, please visit the frequently asked questions.
To check your application status, click here.
Have additional enquiries? Contact SG Enable.