Applicants should be:
1. Between 16 to 55 years old#^
2. Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents1
3. Diagnosed with congenital disabilities of the following nature:
- Intellectual (IQ level of less than 70)
- Sensory (Hearing/Visual impairment)
- Developmental (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- A combination of two or more of the above
*Applicants with acquired disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
4. Be of a high functioning level, independent in activity of daily living and do not require any personal assistance in mobility, feeding, toileting, personal grooming and hygiene and are able to travel independently
5. Have a good prognosis of attaining independent life and work skills. Priority will be given to applicants who are employed in open employment or sheltered workshop.
Applicants may not be eligible if they have one or more of the following:
- They have untreated infectious diseases
- They are suffering from serious psychotic disorders and/or serious behavioural problems that require them to be under close individual supervision or nursing care.
# Special needs children of SPED School-going age should be
encouraged and assisted to remain in School for as long as possible. Parents of
SPED graduands may approach their School to discuss the transition plans of the
children prior graduating from School.
^ Persons with disabilities who are below age 21 would need the
consent of parents or legal guardians for their application.
1For Permanent Residents, at least one immediate family member, i.e. parent or sibling, must be a Singapore Citizen.