Adult Disability Hostels (AD Hostels)
AD Hostels offer long-term and short-term accommodation and residential-based training for adults with disabilities who do not require institutional care, but are unable to live with their families.
Overview of Programme
AD Hostels provide alternative accommodation for adults with disabilities who are unable to live with their families.
They are suitable for adults with disabilities who are high functioning in their community living skills (e.g. able to travel independently) and do not require institutional care. Priorities are given to those who are employed either in the open employment or sheltered workshops.
These hostels also offer short-term residential-based training in work and life skills with the aim of helping individuals to resume independent living back at their own homes or in alternative forms of assisted community living.
SG Enable provides referrals to government-funded AD Hostels in Singapore.
Who Can Apply
Applicants should be:
1. Between 16 to 55 years old (Persons with disabilities who are below age 21 would need the consent of parents/legal guardians for his/her application)
2. Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents1
3. Diagnosed with congenital disabilities of the following nature:
- Intellectual (IQ level of less than 70)
- Sensory (Hearing/Visual impairment)
- Developmental (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- A combination of two or more of the above
*Applicants with acquired disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
4. Be of a high functioning level, independent in activity of daily living and do not require any personal assistance in mobility, feeding, toileting, personal grooming and hygiene and are able to travel independently
5. Have a good prognosis of attaining independent life and work skills. Priority will be given to applicants who are employed in open employment or sheltered workshop.
Applicants may not be eligible if they have one or more of the following:
- They have untreated infectious diseases
- They are suffering from serious psychotic disorders and/or serious behavioural problems that require them to be under close individual supervision or nursing care.
1For Permanent Residents, at least one immediate family member, i.e. parent or sibling, must be a Singapore Citizen.
How to Apply
Please approach a social worker from a touchpoint (e.g. Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWO), hospital and etc.) for assistance in submitting an application for AD Hostel.
Submission of applications to SG Enable by Social Workers (Online or Hard copy)
- Online submission (Recommended)
Log into e-Services using your SingPass or CorpPass
If required, you may download the forms below for use:
- Hard copy submission
Download the application form, print and send together with the required documents
SG Enable - Adult Disability Services
20 Lengkok Bahru
+65 6226 2366
Upon receiving the referral, SG Enable will contact you to provide information to help you make an informed decision on your choice of service.
Acceptance into the programme at the preferred hostel is subject to the availability of vacancies and approval of the respective hostel management.
Application Processing Time
SG Enable will contact you within 10 working days upon receiving the completed application forms from the touchpoint. SG Enable will also update the social worker who assisted in the application on the status of the application.
For more information about AD Hostels, please visit our frequently asked questions page.
To learn more about the hostel programme offered by different organisations, please download the Adult Disability Hostels Service Matrix .
To check your application status, click here.
Have additional enquiries? Contact SG Enable.