Overview of Programme
ADHs provide long-term residential care for adults with disabilities who are neglected or whose caregivers are incapable of giving care.
Short-term respite care can also be provided for adults with disabilities whose caregivers are temporarily unable to provide care for them.
These homes aim to maximise the abilities of adults with disabilities through a host of recreational and training activities as well as the required therapies.
SG Enable provides referrals to government-funded ADHs in Singapore.
Who Can Apply
Admission of persons with disabilities into an ADH should be considered as a last resort and only when it is in their best interests. They should otherwise be encouraged and assisted to live in the community for as long as possible.
For non-statutory admission, the applicants should be:
1. Between 16 to 55 years old (Persons with disabilities who are below age 21 would need the consent of parents/legal guardians for his/her application)
2. Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents1
3. Diagnosed with congenital disabilities of the following nature:
- Intellectual (IQ level of less than 70)
- Sensory (Hearing/Visual impairment)
- Developmental (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- A combination of two or more of the above
*Applicants with acquired disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants may not be eligible if they have one or more of the following:
- They have untreated infectious diseases
- They are suffering from serious psychotic disorders and/or serious behavioural problems that require them to be under close individual supervision or nursing care.
1 For Permanent Residents, at least one immediate family member, i.e. parent or sibling, must be a Singapore Citizen.
How to Apply
Please approach a social worker from a touchpoint (e.g. Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWO), hospital and etc.) for assistance in submitting an application for ADH.
Submission of applications to SG Enable by Social Workers (Online or Hard copy)
- Online submission
Log into e-Services using your SingPass or CorpPass
If required, you may download the forms below for use:
- Hard copy submission
Download the application form, print and send together with the required documents
SG Enable - Adult Disability Services
20 Lengkok Bahru
+65 6226 2366
Upon receiving the referral, SG Enable will contact you to provide information to help you make an informed decision on your choice of service.
Acceptance into the programme at the preferred home is subject to the availability of vacancies and approval of the respective home management.
Application Processing Time
SG Enable will contact you within 10 working days upon receiving the completed application forms from the touchpoint. SG Enable will also update the social worker who assisted in the application on the status of the application.